Friday 16 January 2015

Breakfast Recipe

Hurrah the weekend is almost upon us. If you are looking for an alternative weekend breakfast treat then I have a little recipe to share with you.

I have long lusted over Instagram posts of people cooking Bacon Cups and so I decided last weekend to have a go myself.


Last weekend I made these little beauties and wanted to show you just how easy it was to do yourself.

You will need the following:
  • Cake tray
  • A small round cutter
  • Bread
  • Streaky Bacon
  • Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Mixed Herbs/Salt and Pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and whilst that is warming up get the bacon cooking. Now you only need to cook the bacon slightly just so its noT raw and that it has some flexibility for building the cups.


Take your cutter and cut out as many round shapes as you want to make Bacon Cups for and then place the bread in your cake tray.

Next sprinkle a bit of grated cheese on to each muffin.


Now with the bacon I found using streaky bacon was better as I could tear it in half and start to wrap the strips around the inside of my cake tin, building up a little wall of bacon.


Next you want to pop in your egg in the middle. Sprinkle some mixed herbs or salt and pepper depending on your preference and you are good to go.

Pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes and voila, yummy bacon muffin cups.


I hope this has inspired some of you to give this a try. You wont regret it.

Have a good weekend x


No comments:

Post a Comment