Sunday 4 January 2015

The Crosley

Oh boy, I would like to take the time in this post to introduce you to my new friend.....The Crosley 


I must have been a very good girl this year to receive this from Santa (aka my Dad), and I am so glad I am now part of the record player gang.

Long have I had jealousy pangs when I have listened to friends go on about their record players, the sound it gives out, and the new vinyl they bought at the weekend. Now I too can share such ramblings.

Music is a big part of my life and growing up in pubs when I was younger definitely gave me access to a wide genre of music, both new and old. Now I am older I have the luxury of being able to see bands live and download music at my convenience. But a record player offers something different. It allows me to sit still and appreciate music in a different way. 

The sound and that crackle that just makes you go ahhhhhhhh, and for a surprisingly small player the sound is really good and clear.


This little beauty comes from Urban Outfitters and they come in a variety off different shapes and sizes. I absolutely adore their Keepsake Map player with the retro map lining  in the case, but in the end I settled with this smaller turquoise portable version. Handy for me to move between the living room and dining room depending on my mood.

She doesn't just sound great, she looks good too with the leather casing and brown and bronze finishing, she goes perfectly with my grey and yellow living room.


I've bought a few albums recently after stumbling into my local greetings card shop, that randomly has a vinyl record shop in the back. The shop has thousands in boxes ready to be tenderly selected and taken home. So you can imagine my delight when the owner offered me a deal to take home 7 for the grand total price of £10. Now that's a bargain if ever I have seen one.

After careful consideration I settled on these babies. Mainly because they remind me of my childhood, especially The Carpenters and Simon and Garfunkel, and let me tell you they sound great.


It really has been love at first play for me and my Crosley and I cant wait to build up my record collection over the next few years. Hopefully throwing a few more contemporary records into the mix.

Hope you enjoyed reading, I am off to hopefully be fed a Sunday Roast courtesy of my mum. Have a lovely Sunday x

No comments:

Post a Comment