Sunday 15 June 2014

Holiday Shopping

Its been a while since I did a 'Loving this week' blog post so here goes.......

Holiday Shopping
My big trip to South America is now just under 2 weeks away and i'm getting so excited. Last week I set aside a whole day dedicated purely to Holiday clothes shopping. Yay!!!

For Holiday basics you cant go wrong at Primark and I was so excited to nab this cute all over print Pineapple polo tee for £4, teamed with a pair of denim shorts and sandals this will definitly be my go to easy summer look.

Pineapples at Primark
Heading into H&M saw me snap up a few basic summer dresses. You cant go wrong with a good old stripe in my opinion. 

Finally when I looked at everything I had purchased it was very clear that I like my patterns, The bigger and bolder the better. I especially love the ethnic butterfly pattern on my New Look tee which will look perfect with skinny jeans and wedges.

Holiday Shopping - Done
Wantfeed
I have been following the lovely Hannah Maggs' blog and youtube vlogs for over a year now so when I saw her Husband Stef was about to launch a brand new website I thought I would head over and check it out.

Wantfeed is a brand new social wish list site that allows users to easily create their favourite want/need/must have lists. 

Whenever users see a product they want, they copy the link and paste into their wantfeed and it shows up in your feed. This is then ideal if you have a birthday coming up (like me) and want a site that your friends and family can take a look at and be present inspired. Or you can use it just for fun and lust over those products that you want but you cant afford.

The site is only a few weeks old but I definitly see it growing in popularity especially when it launches its brand new app in a few weeks time. 

Here is a little look at my current wantfeed. So friends and family take note for my birthday :)

You can start to build your very own Wantfeed right here.


Inkkas Shoes
My favourite social media account by far has to be Instagram. I love a good old flick through peoples photos, I think I get that from my Nana. Last week I was having a good old snoop of Fearne Cottons account and came across a pair of shoes that immediately caught my eye.

After a bit of digging I found out she was wearing a pair of Inkkas. Inkkas is a company that was born during a backpacking trip to South America in 2012. Danny Ben-Nun, a designer and an avid traveler, was wandering through the alleyways of Cusco - Peru, when he discovered a pair shoes made from authentic, local fabrics. The shoes were so beautiful that he knew from the moment he laid eyes on them, that he had to help bring the product to the global market. You can follow them on Instagram here - http://instagram.com/inkkasshoes

The company also supports the OneShoeOneTree project which means that for every one pair of shoes sold, one tree is replanted back into the Amazon rainforest in the battle against De-forestation.

So not only are the shoes kick ass in design they are ethical and fair too. Win Win!!! The Shadow pair are definitely on my birthday list.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend (despite England losing). I'm off to spend the afternoon with Papa Saint for Fathers Day. Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment