Wednesday 18 June 2014

Glastonbury Memories

So its that time of year again where everyone is talking about the UK's biggest festival - Glastonbury.

I was lucky enough to get tickets last year, so with just under a week until the 2014 festival kicks off I thought I would write a quick blog post about my experience and link it back to my bucket list.

Glastonbury has long been on my bucket list so last year was finally my year to tick that baby off.
When people say Glastonbury is a marathon of a festival, they couldn't be more right. The place is just so vast, not just in size but in culture and variety. I mean Brucie of all people was there last year!!

Everywhere you go at Glastonbury you will either come across some weird and wonderful art installation, be tucking into some of the diverse food options available or dancing like a loon to one of your favourite bands.

Follow the white rabbit down the rabbit hole
We were seriously lucky with the weather in 2013 and after a small downpour on the Thursday it made way for the following 3 days of Sunshine. Happy times.

We pitched our tent in the Dairy Ground which I would definitely recommend as it was quiet enough to be able to sleep at night but not too far away to walk to the main areas. It's also on a slight incline which means if it does rain you wont be one of the poor people watching their tent floats past them in the floods.

The first two days at Glasto are really yours to just explore and get to grips with. Then on the Friday when the music starts you at least feel you have started to get to grips with the place.

For me on the Friday night I jumped about listening to Foals, Saturday it was all about the Rolling Stones and Sunday was a perfect blissed out evening watching The XX.

The Rolling Stones played an epic set.
Whilst I wont be going back to Glastonbury for a few years (too many other places to get ticked off that Bucket List first). My experience was amazing and one I will remember forever.

Here are my Glastonbury highlights.

* Meeting Radio 1's Greg James and having my photo taken with him (swoon)
* Covering myself in neon face paint while watching people dance the Salsa in a tent
* Watching Ben Howard perform on the Pyramid Stage in the blistering sunshine
* Rocking out with some oldies to Mick Jagger and Co.
* Eating the most amazing vegetarian Chilli in the Greenpeace area
* Buying a souvenir t-shirt that I will keep forever
* Watching 2 guys shoot fire and lasers at each other in the Arcadia area
* Jumping about in a teepee in The Park field
* Getting close to the front of The XX for the final night

If you are going this year then enjoy every second of it.

p.s the toilets are really not that bad!!

Here are a few photo of my highlights x

Rum Shack in The Common
We even made it on to BBC 3
A Tea Bus
Mr Ant made of recycled plastic bottles
Violin playing Fox in The Glade
Glastonbury 2013 - Done


No comments:

Post a Comment