Monday 2 February 2015

Gone Walkabout






You can't beat a sunny but cold walk on a Sunday morning. It's the perfect way to blow off the cobwebs, get some fresh air and work up an appetite for a Sunday roast.

Living in Nottingham I have a very famous forest right on my doorstep. Sherwood Forest is most famous for its association with Robin Hood and only a 30 minute drive from my house, so it is the perfect place for walking.

Last Sunday my boyfriend and I headed to the forest, grabbed a hot cappucino from the woodland cafe and set off with the camera for a chilly walk in the woods.

I actually quite like wrapping up all warm in thick socks, my huge tartan scarf from Zara and breathing in that foresty smell. I also reacquainted myself with my old Quecha walking boots that carried me up and down Machu Pichu last year and are super comfy.

It was great to see so many other people out enjoying the sunshine especially running into all the dogs walkers along the way. I have serious Dog lust at the moment and would one day love to have one of my own.

No filters or photo-shopping were required with the photos, as my camera really captured the orange and green of the forest perfectly. There was even a little bit of snow still on the ground from the recent snow flurry we had.

After a good two hour walk I was so ready to tuck into a big sunday roast dinner.

All in all it was a perfect Sunday.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment