Thursday 11 September 2014

Inkkas Shoes

Woohoo was the sound I made when I received these beauties for my birthday from my friends at work.

I blogged a few months ago about my love of Inkkas shoes and how I was dying to get my grubby little paws on a pair and hooray now I do!!!

Inkkas is a company that was born during a backpacking trip to South America in 2012. Danny Ben-Nun, a designer and an avid traveler, was wandering through the alleyways of Cusco - Peru, when he discovered a pair shoes made from authentic, local fabrics. The shoes were so beautiful that he knew from the moment he laid eyes on them, that he had to help bring the product to the global market. 

After browsing through their collection I set my heart on this Shadow pair

I loved them before I even opened the box with their simplistic design and packaging telling a little story about the brand and its heritage. 


The company also supports the OneShoeOneTree project which means that for every one pair of shoes sold, one tree is replanted back into the Amazon rainforest in the battle against De-forestation.

Another hidden little gem is that on the soles of each shoe it carries the pattern of the Andes mountains and the Andes cross. Having fallen in love with Peru back in July (see my Cusco Post) this little touch made me love these shoes even more.


You can buy Inkkas direct via their website or on Topshop, USC and Schuh.

You can also follow them on Instagram here - http://instagram.com/inkkasshoes

No comments:

Post a Comment