Monday 10 February 2014

Winter Skincare

Winter Skincare
I don't know about everyone else but this cold and windy weather is wrecking havoc with my skin. Winter is always a bad time for our skin, where we yearn more than ever for Summer to make our skin glow and our freckles come out. Luckily I am getting through the winter with a few trusty skincare side kicks.
Now I wouldn't say I had a skincare regime as I am very much a face wipe and moisturiser kind of girl, however I have been a Boots No.7 fan for years now and its Essential Moisture is great as its non greasy, light and perfect for giving my skin that extra boost of moisture. They are definitely my go to brand for skin care.
But it is not just about keeping my face moisturised at this time of year as my little hands need some TLC too and this L'Occitane hand cream has been a life saver. It came free with an issue of Glamour Mag and it sits on my desk at work to remind me every day to pop it on and give me hands and nails some love. They have a brand new flavour 'Red Cherry' on their website which I'm tempted to try next.
Winter Saviours
Nails
In keeping with giving my nails some TLC I treated myself to a new nail polish in this great shade of blue. Rimmel are in my opinion one of the best polishes out there as they are long lasting, quick drying and their wide range of colours always make my nails looks purdy. I chose 'Aqua Cool' to match with the Topshop acid wash denim dress I wore this weekend on a night out in London.

Ice Blue Nails


London Fun
This weekend I was out in Brixton for a friends birthday and had dinner at an amazing Malaysian restaurant called Satay Brixton. We made it just in time to make the most of the £5 happy hour cocktails (Hello Mai Tai's) and every dish on the menu was screaming EAT ME!! I settled on Mr Wangs Chilli Beef and steamed rice. If you are looking for somewhere to eat dinner whilst in that side of London then I would definitely recommend Satay. I only wish I had a bigger belly to have eaten more.
Satay Brixton
Mai Tai Happy Hour Cocktails

New Music
Something that I always look forward to in the new year is lots of new music coming my way. As mentioned in an earlier blog post I am a big music fan and try and get to as many gigs as I can. Recently I came across two new songs on the Zane Lowe show which got me really excited.
'Coming of Age' is the brand new song by Foster the People and is amazing. Man I have missed this band and I cant wait for their new album 'Supermodel'.
Secondly 'There is no other time' is the new release by The Klaxons who have collaborated with Gorgon City on this track and I had to turn it up loud when I heard it. You can be sure this is set to be all over the radio any time now.

Hope you have had a good weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment