Sunday 2 February 2014

London Grammar

Another week over and done with. I cant believe we are in February already.

I love seeing live music and this weekend I kicked off the first gig of 2014 when I went to see London Grammar at Rock City in Nottingham. I had high expectations as the album has been a car favourite of mine for months now and they were just incredible. I lost count the amount of times Hannah's voice gave me goose bumps especially during 'Sights' which is a song that lyrically means a lot to me. The band all met at University in Nottingham so it was a special gig for them to play back at the venue they all used to hang out at. If you get a chance to catch them around the country then you must go.
London Grammar at Rock City
I have also just finished reading a book I received for Christmas and definitely feel like I have my reading mojo back. 'How to fall in love' is the latest release from Cecelia Ahern and having been a big fan of her books for many years now I knew I wanted to add this one to my Christmas wish list.
The book tells the story of Christine and Adam and how unexpectedly one night their paths cross and they embark on a 2 week whirlwind that changes both of their lives. I wont spoil the plot but I will say if you want a good book to get into while the weather outside is so dreadful then I would recommend giving this one a go.
I am now going to start 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green as I have heard so many great things and can't wait to dive straight into another good book.

Whilst going to gigs, reading books and consuming a whole heap of delicious food (I blame the friends I had coming to stay with me this weekend) I did manage to enjoy a morning walk in Wollaton Park in Nottingham. It was great to wrap up warm in a wooly hat and scarf and walk around the grounds and see the ducks.
Image courtesy of Sam Mathews
I also am keeping up with the #100happydays challenge on Instagram. Now on day 25 I am really enjoying feeling more positive about the year ahead and realising what a lucky girl I am to have the best friends and family in the world. Here is day 25 at Wollaton Park.


Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment