Monday 16 December 2013

American Road Trip - Part 1 New Orleans

So in July and August this year I headed to tick another thing off my Bucket List 
'Do an American Road Trip'.

After months of planning the route and all the things I wanted to see I can honestly say that it was a once in a lifetime trip.

After visiting New York and Washington in the past I knew there was so much more to experience in this vast and diverse country.


First stop was New Orleans

A city of history, architecture and Jazz Music.

My trusty Lonely Planet book revealed some real treats when it came to the best bars, restaurants and highlights that the city has to offer. Here are a few highlights below.

Hotel Monteleone has a carousel Bar in the middle so you can enjoy a cocktail (or Gin and Tonic if you are me) while the carousel slowly revolves.

Croissant D'or Patisserie was right opposite our hotel on Decatur Street and served up the most amazing pastries and coffee. Perfect fuel for a long day walking.

The Oak Alley plantation is an hour bus ride from the French Quarter in a town called Vacherie and the view is simply breathtaking. An old plantation where the main house is lined by 28 x 100 year old oak trees.

People that have been to New Orleans before have told me that it is a really special American City and it really is. I cant wait to go back one day. But for now I have my photos to remind me of an amazing adventure. Here are a few photos of my time in NOLA.

Beautiful buildings on every street in the French Quarter

A town full of colour

The famous Jackson Square did not disappoint

Mississippi Paddle Boat

The famous Spotted Cat Jazz bar
Swamp Tour in the Bayou was a must 
Croissant D'or

Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone

Oak Alley Plantation
If you are thinking of going to America or doing a road trip I recommend the following sites;


Hope you enjoy reading my Little blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment