Monday 2 December 2013

2014 in search of my next wonder of the world

So as 2013 draws to a close I felt it was time to look ahead to 2014 and do what I am passionate about and that is travel.

A few years ago I started my bucket list and on there was to see the 7 wonders of the world.

In 2012 I visited India for the first time and the magnificent Taj Mahal was on the agenda. Now I am hell bent on ticking off the remaining 6 wonders.

Wonder No.1
Colourful elephants in Jaipur
Machu Pichu in Peru has always interested me especially after watching Karl Pilkington visit there in An Idiot Abroad. I have a few friends that have been and have said it really is a special place and next year I turn 30 eeeek and I really wanted to mark the occasion by doing something I can look back and go 'Wow I did that'.

I have travelled with G Adventures a few times now across SE Asia and India so they were the obvious choice for Peru. After spending hours doing research (geeky pleasure) I chose the Amazon to Andes  tour as it combined a mixture of the trek and jungle lodge mixed in with a few nights in Lima and Cuzco.

So that's it I booked it and I go on the 28th June. The next step is getting all the sensible clothes and shoes I will need for the trek. Which breaks my heart to spend money on sensible shoes rather than pretty ones. I am also travelling alone but the great thing about G Adventures is you get to meet lots of new and interesting people from all over the world - some single travellers and some with friends. But that's the beauty of it all, the fact you are thrown together with people from all over the world and in past experiences I haven't been with a bad crowd yet and the travel agent tells me I am booked on a tour with lots of Ozzies. Bonus!!

So here's a quick sneak peak of whats ahead of me.......



No comments:

Post a Comment